are many benefits to contributing to funds managed by the
Mackinac Island Community Foundation:
- Since you care about Mackinac Island,
you can be directly involved in preserving and protecting
- By giving one gift to MICF, you can support many different
Island projects and organizations.
- The gift you give today keeps on giving for years to come!
- We offer donor involvement in selecting
- We help donors create an individual or
- We accept a wide variety of assets to
simplify the giving experience.
- A tax-deductible contribution to MICF
allows you to help the Island and yourself at the same time.
- If you donate real estate or stock, you can take a tax
deduction for the entire fair market value of the gift and
bypass capital gains tax.
- You can
get an immediate deduction for your charitable contribution
and have a say in determining how it is used to benefit
- We are known for prudent stewardship
and investment practices. MICF is fully accountable
to the community and our records are public.
- You can address a broad range of local needs: Arts. Aging.
At-risk youth. The Environment. These are just a few aspects
of community life supported by your Community Foundation.
Every year we make grants to local agencies and programs
serving our ever-changing population. Think of us as a simple
vehicle for addressing a broad range of community needs.
- Your donation works forever. And it’s
fully tax deductible. When you donate through our endowment
funds, your gift principal never gets spent. It’s
carefully invested, and the earnings are used to benefit
our community through annual grants.
- You can create a personal legacy of giving.
We offer a variety of giving options — including the
ability to set up a special fund named for you, for your
family, or in memory of a loved one. If you wish, you can
be involved in the distribution of grant dollars generated by your fund.
It’s a highly personalized approach to giving.