Since 1999, the office of the Mackinac Island Community Foundation has been housed in the Grand Hotel’s Twilight Inn at 1301 Hoban Street. Now, the Foundation is pleased to announce its move to another Grand Hotel property: in the lower level of the multi-unit building on Cadotte Avenue, which currently houses the Gate House, Grand Hotel Outlet Store, and the new Mackinac Island Pizza Company.
The in-kind donation of the new office space is the latest move in a longstanding partnership between the hotel and the Foundation. The previous office was located in the sun porch of the Twilight Inn, a residency that began when the Grand Hotel originally offered the space as a temporary location for MICF in 1999 – an arrangement that eventually became semi-permanent as the Foundation continued its work on the Island. The new location will allow the MICF staff to further expand its initiatives and maintain a close connection with the Hotel, which has been a strong supporter of the foundation since its incorporation in 1995.
The Mackinac Island Community Foundation staff officially moved to the new office location, formerly the Mackinac Island tuxedo shop, earlier this year in January.